The Territory Business Manager is responsible for sales objectives and activities of Triferic®, and other disposable products. Provides dialysis centers, hospitals, physicians, and healthcare providers with products, services, and information that will enable them to use and prescribe Rockwell products safely and effectively. Responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within the territory with a focus on in-center Hemodialysis. We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, learning agile, and can grow in a commercial organization.
- Responsible for achieving sales quotas through the direct sale of the company’s products and services.
- Implement sales strategies to attain sales volume, product mix and profit objectives.
- Ensures full compliance with drug laws, regulations, and Rockwell policies in all aspects of interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Communicates balanced, accurate, and complete information on Rockwell products.
- Executes sales calls in hemodialysis clinics, hospitals, on nephrologists and other health professionals in order to provide product information and to ensure the availability of Rockwell products in assigned accounts within the territory.
- Masters effective sales presentations and provides technical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations, and quotes with appropriate customer pricing.
- Monitors sales against forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential for the territory.
- Works closely with clinical nurse educators and customer service to ensure optimal levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provides customer feedback to immediate supervisor(s) and marketing personnel for the potential development of marketing policy, products and pricing.
- Promotes and maintains positive ongoing relationships and activities with members of the community to foster goodwill toward the Rockwell brand.
- Provides feedback regarding product simplification and standardization to enhance profitability of sales line.
- Demonstrates consistent completion of all administrative requirements in a timely manner, including call reporting, budget management, log-ins, etc.
- Completes all required training courses and continually updates product knowledge.
- Problem solving and critical analysis.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of the team.
- Ability to work efficiently and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and quickly utilize computer and web-based applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive proprietary information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Ability to understand and adapt to customers’ changing needs.
- Strong knowledge of sales processes.
- Business acumen.
- Presentation skills.
- Financial management.
- Strategic thinking.
- Customer/Client focus.
- Decision making.
- Performance management.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position works under normal office conditions but also requires regular walking to various locations throughout hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, and other healthcare settings. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines, scanners, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position requires frequent standing and walking; use of hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and often lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to drive for extended distances and fly for extended periods of time.
- This employee must be able to travel with appropriate tools and/or resources to perform their responsibilities (i.e. laptop computer, projector, ipad, etc).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Early mornings, evenings and weekends may be frequently required.
- Extensive travel is required for this position: 75-90%.
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of medical device and/or pharmaceutical sales experience calling on nephrologists in hemodialysis clinics.
- Knowledge of reimbursement issues within the bundle for dialysis providers.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies.
- Must have demonstrated good organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of three years of successful, relevant healthcare sales experience.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Able to provide last 2 years of sales performance outcomes.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
- Must submit to pre-employment screening and background check.
- Rockwell Medical provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate based on an individual’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, disability status, age, sex, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Please note that this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.